Session variables are mixing each other with multiple login....

Shashi

My development environment is ASP.Net 1.1.

When the user does multiple logins to the system and navigates to different
screens and clicks back button sometimes it reading the session variables
values are mixing each other.

How to avoid this kind of situation? Basically I am looking for the steps to
be taken when we develop web based application using ASP.Net (.Net framework
1.1) for multiple logins.

Shashi

Guest

i would think this would only happen if you are creating new windows in IE
from an existing one that is open. if so then they would share the same
session id. if you create a new instance of IE for each logon, then this is a
little strange.

what type of logon are you using, your own, or forms? or windows or passport?

Shashi

Thanks for your reply.
1. I am using my own login. Checking the user id and password in the
database.
2. Here is the sequence.
* Default.aspx is the default page for the website.
* Load event of this page, I am opening a new page(Login Page) using
the following java script.
Response.Write( "window.open('" & URL & "','" & "WindowName"
& Session.SessionID & "','" &
toolbar=no,location=no,titlebar=no,directories=no,status=yes,menubar=no,scro
llbars=yes,copyhistory=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=1,resizable=1,height=" &
Chr(34) & " + maxh+" & Chr(34) & ",width=" & Chr(34) & " + maxw+" & Chr(34)
& ",left=0,top=0" & "');" & vbCrLf))

* In Login page the user(U1) will login to the sytem.
*Enters Customer # and navigates to the customer page.

*Other user(U2) logs in the same way and navigates to the customer
screen.

* User2 through popup menu selects Back and navigates back.

* USer U1 through popup menu selects Back and navigates back
*Instead of displaying the U1 profile system is displaying the U2
profile. That means I have text box with user ID displayed from a session
variable which got wrong data.

Please advice.
Shashi