    be taken when we develop web based application using ASP.Net (.Net framework
    1.1) for multiple logins.

    Shashi

    Shashi, Aug 18, 2004

  2. i would think this would only happen if you are creating new windows in IE
    from an existing one that is open. if so then they would share the same
    session id. if you create a new instance of IE for each logon, then this is a
    little strange.

    what type of logon are you using, your own, or forms? or windows or passport?

    =?Utf-8?B?Y2hyaXNjb2xsaW5zb24=?=, Aug 18, 2004

  3. Shashi

    Shashi Guest

    Thanks for your reply.
    1. I am using my own login. Checking the user id and password in the
    database.
    2. Here is the sequence.
    * Default.aspx is the default page for the website.
    * Load event of this page, I am opening a new page(Login Page) using
    the following java script.
    Response.Write( "window.open('" & URL & "','" & "WindowName"
    & Session.SessionID & "','" &
    toolbar=no,location=no,titlebar=no,directories=no,status=yes,menubar=no,scro
    llbars=yes,copyhistory=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=1,resizable=1,height=" &
    Chr(34) & " + maxh+" & Chr(34) & ",width=" & Chr(34) & " + maxw+" & Chr(34)
    & ",left=0,top=0" & "');" & vbCrLf))

    * In Login page the user(U1) will login to the sytem.
    *Enters Customer # and navigates to the customer page.

    *Other user(U2) logs in the same way and navigates to the customer
    screen.

    * User2 through popup menu selects Back and navigates back.

    * USer U1 through popup menu selects Back and navigates back
    *Instead of displaying the U1 profile system is displaying the U2
    profile. That means I have text box with user ID displayed from a session
    variable which got wrong data.

    Please advice.
    Shashi

    Shashi, Aug 19, 2004