Session Variables assigned to the wrong session?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?iso-8859-15?Q?Fabr=EDcio_de_Novaes_Kucinskis?=, Jan 20, 2005.

  1. Hi all,

    I have an ASP.net application in which I keep the user login in session
    variables.

    Today, with two users accessing simultaneously the application (in
    different sessions, but accessing the same page), I noticed that in some
    postbacks the returned page was not the one that the user was working; the
    data of the form are of the other user.

    At first, I thought that it was some problem with the cache of the server -
    I'm still not certain if it isn't -, but some operations in the system
    depends on the login stored in session variables, and following these
    operations I'm sure that the login session variable has changed with the
    wrong page returned by the server.

    I'm sure that this problem is not related with session expiration, in some
    cases it occurs just some seconds after the login. After the "session
    change", if I force postbacks by clicking in controls or links in my
    application, the login session variable returns to the correct value.

    Does anyone know what is happening? Any help or suggestion will be
    appreciated.
    Thanks in advance,

    Fabrício de Novaes Kucinskis.
    =?iso-8859-15?Q?Fabr=EDcio_de_Novaes_Kucinskis?=, Jan 20, 2005

  2. Please don't cross post.

    --
    Regards,
    Alvin Bruney