Session variables disappear in NN 7.2

BillH

My page works fine on IE but nn (7.2 is my test version) seems to drop my
session variables. I have the lowest security settings allowing all cookies.
Wazzzz up?

Evertjan.

=?Utf-8?B?QmlsbEg=?= wrote on 14 feb 2005 in
My page works fine on IE but nn (7.2 is my test version) seems to drop
my session variables. I have the lowest security settings allowing
all cookies.

Session variables live on the server and so are browser independent.

BUT: maintaining the session depends on the browser maintaining the
session-id cookie.

So you seem to lose the session itself.
I have the lowest security settings allowing
all cookies.

So this must be untrue.

Ben Strackany

If you're running windows 2003, check to make sure that the application
pools all are set to run with 1 process.

BillH

Security settings are "Allow all cookies" and "Accept cookies normally".
When I go into cookie manager I can see ASPSESSIONIDAQQTTBAR with a value.

BillH

Yes - Maximum number of worker processes is 1

Ben Strackany said:
If you're running windows 2003, check to make sure that the application
pools all are set to run with 1 process.

Evertjan.

=?Utf-8?B?QmlsbEg=?= wrote on 15 feb 2005 in
[please do not toppost on usenet]
Security settings are "Allow all cookies" and "Accept cookies
normally". When I go into cookie manager I can see
ASPSESSIONIDAQQTTBAR with a value.

The important thing is, that one way or another you loose the session.

Possibly not asp-related, but IIS or domain related? Or just NN?