Session variables dropped using Redirect

Guest

I cannot get a session to stay active between web pages. I initialize a
Session with variables and then execute a Response.Redirect(url,false); The
called web page has a different sessionid that the page which sent the
response. I have my sessionstate set to:

<sessionState mode="InProc" stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424"
sqlConnectionString="data source=127.0.0.1;user id=sa;password="
cookieless="false" timeout="20"/>

and both webpages are in the same application. My system was working for
over 2 years and now all of a sudden it drops a session whenever I go from
one webpage to another. Does anyone have a clue as to what to check for
next?

Guest

Session is based on cookies sent by the browser

so if you are redirecting from www.mydomain.com to mudomain.com, to
ASP.NET that's two separate sites even though it's on the same machine and
the same IIS Application. But it could be a lot of other things too,
application restarts, etc. You could get Fiddler and scope around in the
requests, that might give you a clue by examining the headers.

The other thing to think about is "what has changed on my machine recently".
Peter

Guest

Peter;
Thanks for your reply. I have checked everything out that I can think of.
It happens using both IE and Firefox so its not the browser. Cookies are
turned on and I have not made any changes to IIS. The system works on my ISP
but not on my machine which is a clue but I don't know what to check next.
It really is frustrating and I am thinking of passing data in querystrings
but I can't figure out how to encrypt the data since it is secure data.
What is Fiddler?