    (through the IIS logs) is that in about 80-90% of the errors, the client PC
    was a Win 98 machine running IE5.5. Does that make any difference?
    Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

    =?Utf-8?B?bWF4a3VtYXI=?=, Oct 17, 2006

  2. To add on, I checked the IIS log and found that ALL of the session vars lost
    errors involved a POST operation (no session lost errors with GET
    operations). Again, is this something indicative of a problem?
    Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?bWF4a3VtYXI=?=, Oct 17, 2006

  3. Hi, maxkumar.

    Read this recent thread :

    Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
    Subject: Session Variables lost on Window 2003 Server
    Date: 4 Oct 2006 11:32:46 -0700

    It has interesting info for you.

    You might want to try to manage your session state using either SQL Server
    or the built-in State Server, however, before you nuke your system.

    They are much more robust when it comes to persisting state.

    InProc is prone to loss of session state.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/

    Juan T. Llibre, Oct 17, 2006