    Is there any way to separate the session variables so that they dont clobber
    each other.

    Thanks
    Rahul Chatterjee, Aug 2, 2005

  2. Rahul Chatterjee

    Patrice Guest

    Is this two web applications ? If yes, they shouldn't share the session
    variables. For a start you could try to see which sessionid you have on both
    sites...

    --
    Patrice

    "Rahul Chatterjee" <> a écrit dans le message de
    > Hello All
    >
    > I have 2 websites both using different style sheets (.css). The

    stylesheets
    > are stored in a session variable and get set at the time the site gets
    > invoked. What is happening is something like this.
    >
    > I bring up the first site and navigate around. Everything is okay. The
    > stylesheets are correct and so on and so forth. When I click on a link to

    go
    > to the other site from the first site (I create a new instance of the
    > browser), that site comes up fine too, but the stylesheet of my first site
    > is reset to the stylesheet of the new site that I just opened.
    >
    > Both these sites are mirror images of each other - i.e. they share the

    same

    Patrice, Aug 2, 2005

  3. The web site is the same but for different clients, they do different
    things - for example client A I could be displaying their HealthCare info
    and for Client B I could be accepting data. The general look and feel of the
    website is the same and they all work of common pages. When each client
    enters the website through their own url, they get redirected to a common
    page which deciphers who the client is and then opens up appropriate pages
    for them and sets the appropriate stylesheets for them. The values of the
    stylesheets are set in session variables.

    Shouldnt the sessionIDs be different if we open up the sites in separate
    instances of browsers? How could one sessionID be the same as the other if
    the browsers are different? How would you check the sessionID? Is it just
    response.write .......Excuse my questions but I am a relative newbie to
    this.. COuld you explain this to me a little more elaborately

    Thanks

    Rahul Chatterjee, Aug 2, 2005
  4. I just found out that when I open the link from within the first session,
    the browser retains the first sessionID . If I open a new browser and
    explicitly type in the URL, a new session ID is generated. In the first
    method, I open the link using target="new"

    Is there a way to create a new sessionID in the former manner

    thanks

    Rahul Chatterjee, Aug 2, 2005
  5. Rahul Chatterjee

    Mark Schupp Guest

    If the page you are jumping to is in the same application then there will be
    only one session. You need to have 2 applications. You should be able to do
    this by mapping 2 virtual directories to a single physical directory. Then
    jump between virtual directories to have separate sessions.

    --
    --Mark Schupp

    Mark Schupp, Aug 2, 2005