Session variables in Trusted Sites

schlaag

I have an asp based site which for various reasons has to go in either
Trusted Sites or Intranet under security in IE7. However as soon as I
place it in either of these zoneI can no longer use session variables.
These session variables work fine when it is in the Internet zone. Any
ideas anyone?

Bob Barrows [MVP]

I have an asp based site which for various reasons has to go in either
Trusted Sites or Intranet under security in IE7. However as soon as I
place it in either of these zoneI can no longer use session variables.
These session variables work fine when it is in the Internet zone. Any
ideas anyone?

Enable session variables?

schlaag

Enable session variables?
--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

I haven't seen a setting for that in IE. Any ideas where that would be?

Bob Barrows [MVP]

I haven't seen a setting for that in IE. Any ideas where that would
be?
In IE6 it's in the Privacy tab in Internet Options, accessible by
clicking the Advanced button on that tab.

schlaag

Was already set on. One of the first things I checked. Seems really
bizarre as I can knock the security and privacy settings right to low
and it won't let me use session variables.

Dave Anderson

Was already set on. One of the first things I checked. Seems really
bizarre as I can knock the security and privacy settings right to
low and it won't let me use session variables.

When you say you can "no longer use session variables", what does that mean,
exactly? IIS plainly will use them, so you appear to have an issue with
session persistence -- or at lest the appearance of such. Can you describe
the behavior?

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Dave said:
When you say you can "no longer use session variables", what does
that mean, exactly? IIS plainly will use them, so you appear to have
an issue with session persistence -- or at lest the appearance of
such. Can you describe the behavior?

.... or provide a short repro page to allow us to see the behavior for
ourselves?