Session variables in Trusted Sites

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by schlaag@hotmail.com, May 16, 2007.

  1. Guest

    I have an asp based site which for various reasons has to go in either
    Trusted Sites or Intranet under security in IE7. However as soon as I
    place it in either of these zoneI can no longer use session variables.
    These session variables work fine when it is in the Internet zone. Any
    ideas anyone?
    , May 16, 2007
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. wrote:
    > I have an asp based site which for various reasons has to go in either
    > Trusted Sites or Intranet under security in IE7. However as soon as I
    > place it in either of these zoneI can no longer use session variables.
    > These session variables work fine when it is in the Internet zone. Any
    > ideas anyone?


    Enable session variables?
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    Please reply to the newsgroup. The email account listed in my From
    header is my spam trap, so I don't check it very often. You will get a
    quicker response by posting to the newsgroup.
    Bob Barrows [MVP], May 16, 2007
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Guest

    On 16 May, 13:15, "Bob Barrows [MVP]" <>
    wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > I have an asp based site which for various reasons has to go in either
    > > Trusted Sites or Intranet under security in IE7. However as soon as I
    > > place it in either of these zoneI can no longer use session variables.
    > > These session variables work fine when it is in the Internet zone. Any
    > > ideas anyone?

    >
    > Enable session variables?
    > --
    > Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    > Please reply to the newsgroup. The email account listed in my From
    > header is my spam trap, so I don't check it very often. You will get a
    > quicker response by posting to the newsgroup.


    I haven't seen a setting for that in IE. Any ideas where that would be?
    , May 16, 2007
    #3
  4. wrote:
    > On 16 May, 13:15, "Bob Barrows [MVP]" <>
    > wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >>> I have an asp based site which for various reasons has to go in
    >>> either Trusted Sites or Intranet under security in IE7. However as
    >>> soon as I place it in either of these zoneI can no longer use
    >>> session variables. These session variables work fine when it is in
    >>> the Internet zone. Any ideas anyone?

    >>
    >> Enable session variables?

    > I haven't seen a setting for that in IE. Any ideas where that would
    > be?

    In IE6 it's in the Privacy tab in Internet Options, accessible by
    clicking the Advanced button on that tab.
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    Please reply to the newsgroup. The email account listed in my From
    header is my spam trap, so I don't check it very often. You will get a
    quicker response by posting to the newsgroup.
    Bob Barrows [MVP], May 16, 2007
    #4
  5. Bob Barrows [MVP] wrote:
    >> I have an asp based site which for various reasons has to go
    >> in either Trusted Sites or Intranet under security in IE7.
    >> However as soon as I place it in either of these zoneI can no
    >> longer use session variables. These session variables work
    >> fine when it is in the Internet zone. Any ideas anyone?

    >
    > Enable session variables?


    Do you mean session cookies, Bob?


    --
    Dave Anderson

    Unsolicited commercial email will be read at a cost of $500 per message. Use
    of this email address implies consent to these terms.
    Dave Anderson, May 16, 2007
    #5
  6. Dave Anderson wrote:
    > Bob Barrows [MVP] wrote:
    >>> I have an asp based site which for various reasons has to go
    >>> in either Trusted Sites or Intranet under security in IE7.
    >>> However as soon as I place it in either of these zoneI can no
    >>> longer use session variables. These session variables work
    >>> fine when it is in the Internet zone. Any ideas anyone?

    >>
    >> Enable session variables?

    >
    > Do you mean session cookies, Bob?


    Yes. My bad

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    Please reply to the newsgroup. This email account is my spam trap so I
    don't check it very often. If you must reply off-line, then remove the
    "NO SPAM"
    Bob Barrows [MVP], May 17, 2007
    #6
  7. Guest

    Was already set on. One of the first things I checked. Seems really
    bizarre as I can knock the security and privacy settings right to low
    and it won't let me use session variables.

    On 17 May, 01:49, "Bob Barrows [MVP]" <>
    wrote:
    > Dave Anderson wrote:
    > > Bob Barrows [MVP] wrote:
    > >>> I have an asp based site which for various reasons has to go
    > >>> in either Trusted Sites or Intranet under security in IE7.
    > >>> However as soon as I place it in either of these zoneI can no
    > >>> longer use session variables. These session variables work
    > >>> fine when it is in the Internet zone. Any ideas anyone?

    >
    > >> Enable session variables?

    >
    > > Do you mean session cookies, Bob?

    >
    > Yes. My bad
    >
    > --
    > Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    > Please reply to the newsgroup. This email account is my spam trap so I
    > don't check it very often. If you must reply off-line, then remove the
    > "NO SPAM"
    , May 17, 2007
    #7
  8. wrote:
    > Was already set on. One of the first things I checked. Seems really
    > bizarre as I can knock the security and privacy settings right to
    > low and it won't let me use session variables.


    When you say you can "no longer use session variables", what does that mean,
    exactly? IIS plainly will use them, so you appear to have an issue with
    session persistence -- or at lest the appearance of such. Can you describe
    the behavior?



    --
    Dave Anderson

    Unsolicited commercial email will be read at a cost of $500 per message. Use
    of this email address implies consent to these terms.
    Dave Anderson, May 17, 2007
    #8
  9. Dave Anderson wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> Was already set on. One of the first things I checked. Seems really
    >> bizarre as I can knock the security and privacy settings right to
    >> low and it won't let me use session variables.

    >
    > When you say you can "no longer use session variables", what does
    > that mean, exactly? IIS plainly will use them, so you appear to have
    > an issue with session persistence -- or at lest the appearance of
    > such. Can you describe the behavior?


    .... or provide a short repro page to allow us to see the behavior for
    ourselves?
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    Please reply to the newsgroup. The email account listed in my From
    header is my spam trap, so I don't check it very often. You will get a
    quicker response by posting to the newsgroup.
    Bob Barrows [MVP], May 17, 2007
    #9
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Kevin Buchan
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    447
    Eric Lawrence [MSFT]
    Feb 20, 2004
  2. =?Utf-8?B?VmFkaW0=?=
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    362
    =?Utf-8?B?VmFkaW0=?=
    Jan 20, 2005
  3. Stefan Caliandro
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    586
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty
    Feb 14, 2005
  4. RR

    Add site to trusted sites

    RR, Nov 24, 2003, in forum: Javascript
    Replies:
    11
    Views:
    313
  5. Replies:
    1
    Views:
    148
    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn
    Mar 21, 2006
Loading...

Share This Page