Session Variables - not there when new page in app opens?

Kathy Burke

I thought I had made real headway in understanding the server/client
stuff in asp.net.

In main.aspx page, I use a Response.Write to page2.aspx to a target
frame. I have several session variables that I set in main.aspx.

When page2.aspx loads, the variables are not there. The only way I know
that is because I assign their values to labels on page load. I've also
tried "submitting" the form back to itself, but that doesn't grab the
session variables either. Both pages are within a mainframe.aspx page.

I'm setting the variables immediately before using them in vs.net debug
mode, etc.

How would I even figure out how to trace this. Any clues welcome.

thanks,

Kathy