    do I load them and subsequently use them.

    If anybody can help, please tell me exactly where to put them in my code.

    Ray
    Ray, May 21, 2004

  2. The traditional way to maintain session state is to set session cookies. ASP
    implements this by setting a session ID cookie and letting you read/set
    session variables using the Session.Contents collection. I think it is the
    default property of Session, meaning you can do 'Session("name")=value',
    etc. This method requires session cookies to be supported and enabled in the
    web browser client.

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/iissdk/iis/ref_vbom_sesoccon.asp

    ASP.net offers several new ways of maintaining session state. It can be
    maintained in a SQL Server database (which is kind of contrary to the whole
    point of your post). There is also something called cookieless session
    state, where the session ID is made part of the URL automatically. I am
    unfamiliar with the details.

    Paul

    "Ray" <> wrote in message
    > I don't know much about these yet, but I want to be able to pass certain
    > variables to all of my asp pages. What I
    > want to do is read all of the variables from the database on my

    default.asp

    Paul Baker [MVP, Windows - SDK], May 21, 2004