    Any help would be greatly appriciated!
    Thanks in advance !!!

    Rob Smeets
    Rob Smeets, Nov 3, 2005

  2. Rob Smeets

    Guest

    Maybe create a boolean session variable on the first page. Then test
    for that variable to see if you are still logged in the rest of the app

    if logged_in then
    run sql statements
    else
    request uid, password

    This is just an idea...someone else might have something better.

    -gnlnxx
    , Nov 3, 2005

  3. Rob Smeets

    Guest

    >The thing is if i store them in the session they are visible to the user.

    I don't see how a regular user can tell what the session variables are
    unless you're allowing them to create their own ASP pages on the site
    (which I wouldn't necessarily recommend).

    Otherwise perhaps you could of course store the password either
    temporarily or permanently in the users table for that user.

    Best regards,
    J. Paul Schmidt, Freelance Web and Database Developer
    http://www.Bullschmidt.com
    Access Database Sample, Web Database Sample, ASP Design Tips
    , Nov 14, 2005