    to session

    TIA

    Stu

    =?Utf-8?B?U3R1?=, Mar 5, 2005

  2. Probably just limited by memory.

    Peter Rilling, Mar 5, 2005

  3. Hi,

    Actually there is no count for the max limit of session variable count....
    but when the no. grows...the memorey consumed byur app. also grows...

    Read more here.... http://www.eggheadcafe.com/articles/20021016.asp

    Cheers,

    Jerome. M

    =?Utf-8?B?RG90TmV0SmVyb21l?=, Mar 5, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?U3R1?=

    WJ Guest

    "Stu" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I ve read a while ago that you should use session variables
    > sparingly ?

    If stored to disk then it should not matter as long as there is space on
    disk.

    John

    WJ, Mar 5, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?U3R1?=

    gaidar Guest

    But if session object will grow in size to VERY BIG then performance of your
    application decreases. So - test, test and test before publish your
    application to production server.

    gaidar, Mar 5, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?U3R1?=

    WJ Guest

    "gaidar" <> wrote in message

    > But if session object will grow in size to VERY BIG ....

    If session ever reaches this ...magnitude.... Then one should reconsider
    design strategy for the application. To me, session is for application/user
    experiences or so called "convenience". Such repetitive data as punching in
    user Login credential or names... or data that is considered short term are
    suitable for session. For performances over port 80, if you have to deliver
    100,000 records per request, then the application is not suitable for
    interactive web usage.

    John

    WJ, Mar 5, 2005