Session_OnEnd not working

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Joel Brabant, Sep 20, 2003.

  1. Joel Brabant

    Joel Brabant Guest

    Hi there,

    My session_OnEnd code is like this:
    ---------
    Dim oApp
    Set oApp=Server.CreateObject("AppTDE.TDEManager")
    Set oApp.AppInfo=Session("App")
    oApp.Logout 'calls a dll that calls another dll...to
    update a row
    Set Session("App")=Nothing
    Set Session("oAppUser")=Nothing
    Set oApp = nothing
    ---------

    It works perfect ONLY when all my related dlls are running
    through VB on my PC. If I set a breakpoint, it goes into
    the function logout and it works. If I recompile
    everything and close the projects and run my web app...
    It won't work ?

    What the hell ?!

    Joel Brabant, Sep 20, 2003

  2. > Set Session("App")=Nothing
    > Set Session("oAppUser")=Nothing

    Yikes, you're storing objects in the session? Have you read the associated
    links here:
    http://www.aspfaq.com/2053

    Also, session_onEnd is about the most unreliable routine in all of ASP. You
    might see here:
    http://www.aspfaq.com/2078

    Aaron Bertrand [MVP], Sep 20, 2003