Session_Start method keeps firing

Mike

Hello,

I have written a reverse proxy that redirects some of the portal's pages on
a different (remote) server. The communication occurs in HTTPS. When a page,
which contains several controls, gets executed and is redirected on the
remote server, the "Session_Start" method fires for each single control on
the page. This means that the content of the Session is never the same,
since a new SessionID is created. Why is that? In my reverse proxy I am not
handling cookies, since our application is cookieless. Could this be the
cause of the problem?

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated. I'm really stuck on this one...

Thanks.
Mike

bruce barker

the session id is either in a cookie, or in the url. your proxy will
have to pass along the cookies and remap the domain names.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Mike

OK. Sorry for the silly question, but what does "remap the domain names"
mean? How does it work? Is there any reference to articles or resources that
I can check?