    shows how to authenticate and uses sessions in Web Services?

    Also, why two webServices forums?
    Thanks,
    Tina, Mar 8, 2007

  2. Hi,

    Tina wrote:
    > All of the examples of web services in the books I have are using anonymous
    > access and don't utilize sessions. Is there any material anywhere that
    > shows how to authenticate and uses sessions in Web Services?

    Authentication and Session management in Web services is very much
    similar in Web Applications.

    The main difference is that in web services, to use the Session object,
    you need to declare it in the web method attribute:

    [WebMethod( EnableSession=True )]

    Once this is done, you can store objects in the Session and retrieve
    them in the next roundtrip.

    Authentication can also be done similarly, for example using
    DigestAuthentication. The request sent by the web browser is similar to
    a "normal" HTTP request sent to load or refresh a web page for example.

    > Also, why two webServices forums?

    No idea ;-)

    > Thanks,

    HTH,