    WWW: http://hardywang.1accesshost.com
    ICQ: 3359839
    yours Hardy
    Hardy Wang, Oct 15, 2004

  2. Hardy Wang wrote:
    > Hi,
    > If I have a web farm environment, will I get different Session.SessionID
    > when I refresh same web page?

    Maybe, it depends on how you are handling your session. ASP.NET allows
    for session state to be stored by a remote session server, so you can
    have all machines in a Web farm use the same session server, thereby
    maintaining session affinity among the Web servers in the Web farm.

    More information available at:
    http://smitchell.url123.com/sessionStateInfo

    --

    Scott Mitchell

    http://www.4GuysFromRolla.com

    Scott Mitchell [MVP], Oct 15, 2004

  3. Not if all servers point to the same session server (or mechanism) and you
    use the same machine keys.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think outside the box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Oct 16, 2004