Sessions Active =0 and Requests Executing >0 in perfmon asp.net apps v1.1.4...

whidbeywave

Hello all,
Help me understanding this situtation. While debugging a scenario for
error 403.9 on IIS/XP Pro, I added two counters to perfmon app.I saw at
some point of time Session Active =0 , but requests executing was
greater than zero. Summarizing it
Session Active =0
Requests Executing =10
Requests in application Queue =0

All this time I had assumption that request that undergo execution lock
a session and do the operation, and so at any point those orphaned
request can never exist. BUT THEY DO...:(

Is there anyway i can find that request and kill or remove it from the
asp.net application without restarting asp.net application, so that i
regain my count on Request Executing back to zero.

Is there a clean way to check on all request currently executing. I am
sure that request are not getting queued up, and request sometimes grow
a large number. There is a piece of unmanaged code too which I checked
by creating a test winform app, works fine in responses time.
Thanks and have a nice day.
- Wave