Sessions between ASP Classic & ASP.NET

afshar

Hi everbody,
I've an old ASP classic application that uses sessions frequently. I
have added some new ASP.NET 2 new pages to that old application. How
can I interact with sessions that are made and used in ASP classic
pages? I think and heard that sessions in both ASPs reside on different
memory spaces.

Your Sincerly:
A. Mohebbi

Kevin Spencer

I think and heard that sessions in both ASPs reside on different
memory spaces.

They do. You can pass the data to a commonly-available database, or pass it
via QueryString from one sort of page to the other, or via form post. There
are other methods as well, all of which fall under the category of
"messaging."

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
Professional Numbskull

Show me your certification without works,
and I'll show my certification
*by* my works.

afshar

Thanking of all your replies, but I dont want my ASP Classic pages to
be changed. So I couldn't send information from Classic to .NET via
QueryString or any database solution. I think I can just create an
inetrmediate ASP Classic page that gets ASP Classic sessions normally
then send it to .NET pages with some of these ways.

Thanks All
A. Mohebbi

Kevin Spencer

You're on the right track, A.