Sessions expire too soon

Plamen Doykov

Hello
we have a project with forms authentication and cookieless sessions, and we
want a big session timeout. However the sessions still expire much more
often (more than the default 20min, but much less than required) It is
annoying because the users get redirected to the login screen
The settings in Web.config are:
<authentication mode="Forms" >
<forms loginUrl="default.aspx" timeout="1440" />
</authentication>
<sessionState
mode="InProc"
stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424"
sqlConnectionString="data source=127.0.0.1;user id=sa;password="
cookieless="false"
timeout="720"
/>
Is there anything I miss, or nay be another reason that can end the session
than teh timeout? Thanks

Regards
Plamen

Plamen Doykov

Connection timeout is set to 900s (15min), but this has nothing to do with
session timeout.
However we found the KB324772 in msdn that explains the reason, and started
using state server; hope it will behave well