Sessions -Setting a timeout in order to re-logon

Ric Pullen

Hi,

i've been playing around with the session time out setting in the webconfig.
Now i set it at 1 minute and waited in the global.asx in the session end
event but it does not fire.

What i'm trying to achieve is the following.

Forms authentification login : - Done
If the user leaves the application open and unused for more than 10 minutes.
I want kill the authentification and move them back to the log on screen.
(now i have achieved the killing of the authentification and returning to
the log on via a log off button) Now i want to activate the same code if
their session times out.

Has anyone done something similar or know of code to do this?

Ric

Ric Pullen

Cheers, this is what i'm doing though, i've taken a copy of some of the
info in the web.config

<authentication mode="Forms">
<forms name=".logoncookie" loginUrl="secure/Login.aspx" protection="All"
timeout="80" path="/"/>
</authentication>

<sessionState mode="InProc" stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424"
sqlConnectionString="data source=127.0.0.1;user id=sa;password="
cookieless="false" timeout="1"/>