    default of the directory to open?? For example, C:\MYFILES are open
    when the file open dialog is opened.

    please advise. thanks!!
    Matt, Sep 22, 2004

  2. On 22 Sep 2004 11:10:59 -0700, Matt <> wrote:

    > When we click Browse button, <input type="FILE">, can we set the
    > default of the directory to open??

    No.

    > For example, C:\MYFILES are open when the file open dialog is opened.

    And the reason why is quite obvious. I, and most other people, don't have
    that path. Some OSs don't even use a drive-oriented file system. It
    wouldn't make sense to build in a feature that is inapplicable to so many.

    If this is for personal use only, a HTA in IE might provide the
    functionality, but I wouldn't know.

    > please advise. thanks!!

    Last piece of advice: don't multi-post. If you think that a post is
    on-topic in more than one newsgroup, cross-post it.

    Mike

    --
    Michael Winter
    Michael Winter, Sep 22, 2004