set a timer for online exams

A

Archana

we are creating Online Exams Module.Just lke any other online exams on other real sites.

The Case is the user can attempt any question within 3 minutes.after 3 minutes,the next question automatically disappears and another question comes on the page.

We also want to show times in Minutes as a clock just like any other online exams.

My issue is that how can i show time on each page and how can i calculate every 3 minutes.

I know there is Timer/Thread class in c# for web application.But i dont know how they can efiicently work.
Or there is any other better method to do it.

Plaese help me with example or code.

K

Kevin

we are creating Online Exams Module.Just lke any other online exams on other real sites.

The Case is the user can attempt any question within 3 minutes.after 3 minutes,the next question automatically disappears and another question comes on the page.

We also want to show times in Minutes as a clock just like any other online exams.

My issue is that how can i show time on each page and how can i calculate every 3 minutes.

I know there is Timer/Thread class in c# for web application.But i dont know how they can efiicently work.
Or there is any other better method to do it.

Plaese help me with example or code.

I have been using something similar to what you have - I had a
requirement where a form should be only available for a minute (and
then the next form would show up - forced explicitly). I used AJAX
update + AJAX timer for that. However both are part of a commercial
package from a third party vendor and cost money. Still, you can give
it a try here:

http://www.telerik.com/demos/aspnet/Ajax/Examples/AjaxTimer/TimerInPanel/DefaultCS.aspx

Ask a Question