set a timer for online exams

Archana

we are creating Online Exams Module.Just lke any other online exams on other real sites.

The Case is the user can attempt any question within 3 minutes.after 3 minutes,the next question automatically disappears and another question comes on the page.

We also want to show times in Minutes as a clock just like any other online exams.

My issue is that how can i show time on each page and how can i calculate every 3 minutes.

I know there is Timer/Thread class in c# for web application.But i dont know how they can efiicently work.
Or there is any other better method to do it.

Plaese help me with example or code.

Kevin

we are creating Online Exams Module.Just lke any other online exams on other real sites.

The Case is the user can attempt any question within 3 minutes.after 3 minutes,the next question automatically disappears and another question comes on the page.

We also want to show times in Minutes as a clock just like any other online exams.

My issue is that how can i show time on each page and how can i calculate every 3 minutes.

I know there is Timer/Thread class in c# for web application.But i dont know how they can efiicently work.
Or there is any other better method to do it.

Plaese help me with example or code.

I have been using something similar to what you have - I had a
requirement where a form should be only available for a minute (and
then the next form would show up - forced explicitly). I used AJAX
update + AJAX timer for that. However both are part of a commercial
package from a third party vendor and cost money. Still, you can give
it a try here:

http://www.telerik.com/demos/aspnet/Ajax/Examples/AjaxTimer/TimerInPanel/DefaultCS.aspx