    running as a service?

    Thanks,

    Andy
    Andy Fish, Dec 2, 2003

  2. Andy Fish

    Ben Jessel Guest

    "Andy Fish" <> wrote in message news:<Nv2zb.17494$>...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am using tomcat 4.1 on windows 2000.
    >
    > If I start it up with startup.bat (i.e. to run in a command window) it runs
    > setclasspath.bat
    >
    > however, if I run it as a windows service, it does not run the
    > setclasspath.bat script. Any ideas how I can set up the environment for
    > running as a service?

    I think services can be run under a specified user. You could create a
    tomcat-user user, which has the classpath set in your system user
    profile for the user.

    Alternatively you could set the general system classpath. Though watch
    out if you are using ant, an IDE etc, as you could get conflicts. I
    think the seperate dedicated user with classpath set up is your best
    bet.

    Ben Jessel, Dec 4, 2003