    I have been stucked for a long time.
    Very appreciate any help.

    Best

    vizlab, Dec 10, 2004

  2. vizlab

    Sudsy Guest

    vizlab wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I installed Tomcat5.5.4 on my server hosted by dell.
    > I have a domain name www.foo.com.
    > I can access http://www.foo.com, but I cannot access the first
    > tomcat page by
    > http://www.foo.com:8080.
    > Everything on Tomcat5.5.4 is default.

    <snip>

    So are you getting a 404 or a 500? Or is the connection being refused?
    Honestly, without this information it's impossible to tell what the
    problem /might/ be, let alone be able to provide a definitive solution...

    Sudsy, Dec 10, 2004

  3. vizlab wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I installed Tomcat5.5.4 on my server hosted by dell.
    > I have a domain name www.foo.com.
    > I can access http://www.foo.com, but I cannot access the first
    > tomcat page by
    > http://www.foo.com:8080.
    > Everything on Tomcat5.5.4 is default.
    > Should I set DNS on tomcat? If so, how?
    > Or I need not set DNS on tomcat and the dell's DNS will
    > automatically resolve the domain name and connect to my server?
    > I have been stucked for a long time.
    > Very appreciate any help.
    >
    > Best

    Hi:

    1)Is the Tomcat up and running - i.e. can you access it via localhost:8080
    Cat

    Katerina McLean, Dec 10, 2004