    MSDN Guest

    After a postback, how do I set focus onto a control that is inside an
    updatepanel?
    MSDN, Sep 8, 2006

  2. Hello Ssflynn,

    As for the ATLAS updatepanel setfocus function you mentioned, I've
    performed some local tests, it seems the Page.SetFocus method or
    Page.ClientScript.RegisterXXXX methods will work only if the
    "scriptmanager" is configured as "enablepartialrendering=false". However,
    in such mode, the whole page will be rerender when we perform postback.

    <atlas:Scriptmanager id="ScriptManager" runat="server"
    enablepartialrendering="true" />

    Currently, I'm doing some further research to see whether we can find a way
    to set control focus when use "partialrendering" mode for updatable. I'll
    update you as soon as I've got any finding.

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng

    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    ications.

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Sep 11, 2006

  3. Hello Ssflynn,

    How are you doing on this issue? After further discussion with some
    production engineer, so far there is no built-in API or interface that will
    control focus in atlas udpatepanel. However, In Atlas 1.0 and future
    versions we'll have built-in control focus support (e.g.
    ScriptManager.SetFocus(Control), etc.).

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Sep 14, 2006
  4. MSDN

    venkat Guest

    Re: Set focus to a control inside a Updatepanel in Atl...

    Is there any built-in API or interface that will
    control focus in atlas udpatepanel?

    Is there any Patch available for ScriptManager.SetFocus(control) , after the Partial Postback is completed?

    Thanks in Advance
    venkat, Sep 17, 2006
  5. Re: Set focus to a control inside a Updatepanel in Atl ...

    Hi Venkat,

    Thanks for your input.

    So far what I've got the from the product team is that the focus control
    (ATLAS specific) will be provided in the 1.0 release only).

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Sep 18, 2006
  6. MSDN

    MSDN Guest

    I still would like to be able to do this, I've given up on it so far.

    Has the Atlas 1.0 been released yet?

    MSDN, Sep 20, 2006
  7. Thanks for your followup Ssflynn,

    So far the available ATLAS package is still the CTP version. We haven't got
    the definite date of the relase of ATLAS 1.0. Anyway, you can keep
    monitoring on the www.asp.net ATLAS home on any new update.

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Sep 22, 2006
  8. MSDN

    Priyankad

    Joined:
    Oct 11, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    There is a solution to this problem.

    You just need to register the clientscript at server side to set the focus on control.

    Script is as follows:

    string script = "document.getElementById('" + TextBox1.ClientID + "').focus();";

    script = script + " WebForm_AutoFocus('" + TextBox1.ClientID + "');";

    Page.ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript(this.GetType(), "script1", script, true);
    Priyankad, Oct 11, 2006