set <head> from ascx

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Peter, Nov 27, 2008.

  1. Peter

    Peter Guest

    Hi have an aspx which dynamically includes some ascx's.

    One of the ascx's needs to set an element in the <head> of the page -
    is this possible from the code-behind of an ascx?

    For example, I have an ascx which can generate an RSS-feed, and this
    ascx is sometimes included on the aspx and sometimes it is not.

    If it is included on the aspx, then I would like to set the element in
    the <head> of the page which allows the browser to know to display its
    "rss image button" (something like <link rel="alternate"
    type="application/rss+xml" href="http://www.myplace/myrss.xml"
    title="RSS feed">).

    Can I do that from my ascx?

    Thanks,