set header problem

prash

Hi All

Response.setHeader("Content-disposition", "attachment; filename="+ fileName
+ strExt);
works for IE 5.5 but not in netscape .
IE 5.5 shows the save as dialog box
NN4.79 display the contents on the browser
how can i get the save as dialog box in NN4.79

/thansk in advance

prash

dany

prash said:
Hi All

Response.setHeader("Content-disposition", "attachment; filename="+ fileName
+ strExt);
works for IE 5.5 but not in netscape .
IE 5.5 shows the save as dialog box
NN4.79 display the contents on the browser
how can i get the save as dialog box in NN4.79
I had the same problem, worked with ADODB.Stream
No I have still a few problems (look at bottom of message for script +
problems)

d.

<%
Dim Stream
Dim Contents
Dim strFileName
Dim strFilePath

strFileName = "download.pdf"

strFilePath = Server.MapPath(strFileName)

Response.AddHeader "content-disposition", "attachment; filename=" &
strFileName

Set Stream = server.CreateObject("ADODB.Stream")
Stream.Open
Stream.LoadFromFile strFilePath
Contents = Stream.ReadText
Response.BinaryWrite Contents
Stream.Close
Set Stream = Nothing
%>

TESTED ON:
--------------
PC:
IE6+: ok
OPERA7+: ok
NS4+: ok

NS7+: gives a saveas-popup but adds ".asp" to the file "download.pdf" =>
download.pdf.asp
MOZ1.2+: same as NS7
OPERA6+: don't work, displays a lot off sh*beep*t

MAC
SAFARI: ok
IE5.2: gives popup but pdf can't be opened due to decoding-error?