Set html table width at run time (in code)

ruca

Hi

How can I get a html control in my code?
I have a html table that I want the width is defined in code at run time,
i.e., I have this table and I have a datagrid. This datagrid have a variable
width because the number of columns depends of something that I have (that
is not important for this). Now, what I want is that the html table have
always the same width of my datagrid because of alignment of both.

NOTE: I must have (and want) the datagrid width variable and not fixed

Robert Koritnik

set its attribute runat=server, but you'll probably still have problems
while tables align width depending on its content... You can hardly create
different tables with same width. The only chance is when content never
exceedes desired table (or better said cell) width.

ruca

Thanks
Now, how can I get the widht value at run time of a datagrid?

I have this:
Dim dgPx As Unit
dgPx = myDataGrid.Width()

But dgPx.Value does not have the value of the grid after binding grid.
Can you help?

Robert Koritnik

You will have to set that. I told you in my first answer this is a tough
one. The best suggestion I could give you is to put both (table and
Datagrid) inside another table set both control's width to 100%. They would
perfectly align and everything will depend on the width of the containing
table cell.

And you probably won't have to wory about widths of both parts of the
page... Or better said tables, while a datagris is also a table.

Eliyahu Goldin

One doesn't do this sort of things in the code. Put both the table and the
grid in another table as it's been suggested in another reply.

Eliyahu