set link parameter from selection

Discussion in 'HTML' started by quickcur@yahoo.com, Jan 9, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi, I have a page with the following code.

    <input type=button value="Show"
    onclick="location.href='my.do?para=XXXX'">
    <form>
    </form>

    <select name="myselect">
    <option value=1>1
    <option vlaue=2>2
    <option value=3>3
    </select>

    When user clicks the Show button, I would like to replace the XXX by
    the
    selected number from the selection "myselect". Since there is a form
    between <input button> and the selection, I can not use form for the
    Show button.

    How can I write the onclick="location.href='my.do?para=XXXX'"?

    Thanks,

    qq

    , Jan 9, 2006