    breaking them. I don't want to put a page directive in over 1000 asp page.
    Is there anyway of setting it at an application level in IIS. Regards,
    Chris.

    Chris, Mar 17, 2007

  2. Chris

    Evertjan. Guest

    Chris wrote on 17 mrt 2007 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > We have a classic ASP site running on IIS 5. We will be using a com
    > component to handle session state so we can share state between .net
    > and classic. This means switching the IIS session state off. Prior to
    > this locale was set in the session. Switching the session off means
    > the dates start displaying in a US format, not British. Is there any
    > way of setting the Locale as UK easily. As it is IIS 5 we can't use
    > response.lcid, I don't want to mess around with regional settings on
    > the machine as our applications aren't very well designed :) and I
    > will get the blame for breaking them. I don't want to put a page
    > directive in over 1000 asp page. Is there anyway of setting it at an
    > application level in IIS. Regards,

    The Q how to set the IIS is not really OT but OT on this NG,
    as there seems to be an IIS NG somewhere,
    and I don't believe you can do this without session in ASP.
    However:

    This shows how important, for a programmer,
    it is to build your own date formats,
    always!

    [vbs]
    function myDateTimeFormat(nu)
    myDateTimeFormat =_
    day(nu) & "/" & month(nu) & "/" & year(nu) & " " &_
    right("0"&hour(nu),2) & ":" & right("0"&minute(nu),2) &_
    ":" & right("0"&second(nu),2)
    end function

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Mar 17, 2007

  3. "Chris" <> wrote in message
    > We have a classic ASP site running on IIS 5. We will be using a com
    > component to handle session state so we can share state between .net and
    > classic. This means switching the IIS session state off. Prior to this
    > locale was set in the session. Switching the session off means the dates
    > start displaying in a US format, not British. Is there any way of setting
    > the Locale as UK easily. As it is IIS 5 we can't use response.lcid, I

    don't
    > want to mess around with regional settings on the machine as our
    > applications aren't very well designed :) and I will get the blame for
    > breaking them.

    You think your not already running that risk by replacing the session object
    with your own implementation?

    What's wrong with putting the regional settings to their correct values?

    With such a significant modification one would expect that you would do some
    significant testing anyway.

    >I don't want to put a page directive in over 1000 asp page.
    > Is there anyway of setting it at an application level in IIS. Regards,
    > Chris.

    I suspect what you will need is to correct the Regional settings of the
    DEFAULT user.

    Anthony Jones, Mar 17, 2007