Set Locale

Chris

We have a classic ASP site running on IIS 5. We will be using a com
component to handle session state so we can share state between .net and
classic. This means switching the IIS session state off. Prior to this
locale was set in the session. Switching the session off means the dates
start displaying in a US format, not British. Is there any way of setting
the Locale as UK easily. As it is IIS 5 we can't use response.lcid, I don't
want to mess around with regional settings on the machine as our
applications aren't very well designed :) and I will get the blame for
breaking them. I don't want to put a page directive in over 1000 asp page.
Is there anyway of setting it at an application level in IIS. Regards,
Chris.

Evertjan.

Chris wrote on 17 mrt 2007 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
We have a classic ASP site running on IIS 5. We will be using a com
component to handle session state so we can share state between .net
and classic. This means switching the IIS session state off. Prior to
this locale was set in the session. Switching the session off means
the dates start displaying in a US format, not British. Is there any
way of setting the Locale as UK easily. As it is IIS 5 we can't use
response.lcid, I don't want to mess around with regional settings on
the machine as our applications aren't very well designed :) and I
will get the blame for breaking them. I don't want to put a page
directive in over 1000 asp page. Is there anyway of setting it at an
application level in IIS. Regards,

The Q how to set the IIS is not really OT but OT on this NG,
as there seems to be an IIS NG somewhere,
and I don't believe you can do this without session in ASP.
However:

This shows how important, for a programmer,
it is to build your own date formats,
always!

[vbs]
function myDateTimeFormat(nu)
myDateTimeFormat =_
day(nu) & "/" & month(nu) & "/" & year(nu) & " " &_
right("0"&hour(nu),2) & ":" & right("0"&minute(nu),2) &_
":" & right("0"&second(nu),2)
end function

Anthony Jones

Chris said:
We have a classic ASP site running on IIS 5. We will be using a com
component to handle session state so we can share state between .net and
classic. This means switching the IIS session state off. Prior to this
locale was set in the session. Switching the session off means the dates
start displaying in a US format, not British. Is there any way of setting
the Locale as UK easily. As it is IIS 5 we can't use response.lcid, I don't
want to mess around with regional settings on the machine as our
applications aren't very well designed :) and I will get the blame for
breaking them.

You think your not already running that risk by replacing the session object
with your own implementation?

What's wrong with putting the regional settings to their correct values?

With such a significant modification one would expect that you would do some
significant testing anyway.
I don't want to put a page directive in over 1000 asp page.
Is there anyway of setting it at an application level in IIS. Regards,
Chris.

I suspect what you will need is to correct the Regional settings of the
DEFAULT user.