set python default encoding

reetesh nigam

Hi All,
I am unable to set the python default encoding.
i used the following proccess to set the python encoding

import sys
reload(sys)
sys.setdefaultencoding('latin-1')

but it is giving me the same error :

args = ('utf8', "MEDICINE '\xc4 ", 10, 12, 'invalid data',
<bound method Root.history of <radspeed.controllers.Root object at
0x036FFE90>>)
encoding = 'utf8'
end = 12
message = ''
object = "MEDICINE '\xc4 "
reason = 'invalid data'
start = 10

Please tell me how to solve this problem.

Thanks and Regards

Reetesh Nigam

R. David Murray

reetesh nigam said:
Hi All,
I am unable to set the python default encoding.
i used the following proccess to set the python encoding

import sys
reload(sys)
sys.setdefaultencoding('latin-1')

but it is giving me the same error :

args = ('utf8', "MEDICINE '\xc4 ", 10, 12, 'invalid data',
<bound method Root.history of <radspeed.controllers.Root object at
0x036FFE90>>)
encoding = 'utf8'
end = 12
message = ''
object = "MEDICINE '\xc4 "
reason = 'invalid data'
start = 10

Please tell me how to solve this problem.

That doesn't look anything like a python traceback. I'm guessing
you are using some sort of web framework? Perhaps you should
try asking in the forum for the framework.