set report parameters for ReportViewer control in 2005

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by tfsmag, Feb 24, 2006.

  1. tfsmag

    tfsmag Guest

    So I used the code directly from the msdn site at
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/li...ting.webforms.serverreport.setparameters.aspx

    here is my exact code

    --code--
    Private Sub SetReportParameters()
    Dim p As New ReportParameter("userid",
    Security.GetUserID().ToString())
    ReportViewer1.ServerReport.SetParameters(p)
    End Sub
    --code--

    When I use that Sub it returns this error...

    --error--
    Unable to cast object of type
    'Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportParameter' to type
    'System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportParameter]'.

    Exception Details: System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object
    of type 'Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportParameter' to type
    'System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportParameter]'.
    --error--

    Any help is greatly appreciated.

    tfsmag, Feb 24, 2006

  2. tfsmag

    tfsmag Guest

    never mind, i found my answer, here is the code i used.

    Private Sub SetReportParameters()
    Dim userid As New ReportParameter("userid",
    Security.GetUserID().ToString())
    Dim p() As ReportParameter = {userid}

    tfsmag, Feb 24, 2006

  3. tfsmag

    sturner333

    Joined:
    Dec 15, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    This last post worked for me for a stand-alone report and form. Does anyone know how to aplly to a form with multiple sub-reports?
    Thanks

    sturner333, Dec 15, 2008