    Does anybody know what I am talking about and can refresh my memory on how
    to achieve this?

    Thanks!
    Fredo Vincentis, Oct 23, 2003

  2. Fredo Vincentis

    rf Guest

    "Fredo Vincentis" <> wrote in message
    news:bn84rm$2h51$...
    > I can remember once reading that there was a way to set a "root folder"

    (or
    > something similar) for my HTML. So meaning: the browser automatically
    > searches in one particular folder for my files, without me having to

    specify
    > that folder in every src attribute.
    >
    > Does anybody know what I am talking about and can refresh my memory on how
    > to achieve this?

    The <base> element.

    http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/links.html#h-12.4

    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Oct 23, 2003

  3. "rf" <> wrote in message

    > "Fredo Vincentis" <> wrote in message
    > > I can remember once reading that there was a way to set a "root folder"

    > (or
    > > something similar) for my HTML. So meaning: the browser automatically
    > > searches in one particular folder for my files, without me having to

    > specify
    > > that folder in every src attribute.
    > >
    > > Does anybody know what I am talking about and can refresh my memory on

    how
    > > to achieve this?

    > The <base> element.
    >
    > http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/links.html#h-12.4

    Yeah! that's it. Thanks!
    Fredo Vincentis, Oct 23, 2003
  4. Fredo Vincentis

    > "rf" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Fredo Vincentis" <> wrote in message
    > > > I can remember once reading that there was a way to set a "root

    folder"
    > > (or
    > > > something similar) for my HTML. So meaning: the browser automatically
    > > > searches in one particular folder for my files, without me having to

    > > specify
    > > > that folder in every src attribute.
    > > >
    > > > Does anybody know what I am talking about and can refresh my memory on

    > how
    > > > to achieve this?

    > > The <base> element.
    > >
    > > http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/links.html#h-12.4

    > Yeah! that's it. Thanks!

    Just a thought: You are not hardcoding the absolute path, are you? This is
    the usual reason for using a base element.

    Bad: src="example.com/images/picture.jpeg"
    Good: src="images/picture.jpeg"

    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Oct 23, 2003