Set SystemTime from ASP.NET

Aravind @Office

Hello everyone

I want to set the system time via a web user. I have configured the web
application to use impersonation and it impersonates an account that is
member of local administrator group.

I am using Platform invoke and trying both SetSystemTime and SetLocalTime
api calls. I am getting "Access is denied" message. Can someone throw some
light on this issue. Just for testing purpose, I opened the Local Security
Policy and gave permission to ASPNET user, Anonymous Logon user and Network
Service account for 'Setting System Time'. That didn't help.

I am running the application on Windows 2003 server.

Is there any other way of setting the system time without resorting to
PInvoke in .NET. Still better might be if you have some code sample that
specifically deals with the security stuff.

Thanks and I appreciate your time and effort in this regard

Aravind.