set the focus to a control in an ASP.NET during the page load

Kanna

Hi,

I have to emit the javascript to set the focus to a
control in an ASP.NET during the page load. I have done
it in the RegisterStartupScript. It works fine in the
textbox control but in the case of radiobuttionlist,
checkBoxlist the focus is set, but the user is not able
to realize this as the control is not highlighted. If I
use the tab key or arrow key it does higlight the control
and second time page is refereshed it highlights the
control.
A strange thing is that if the page is browsed inside the
IDE, the focus is set as well as the focused control is
highlighted. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kanna