Set the url as "Trusted" in IE through javascript

drk.kumar

Hi,
I would like to add an url as a "Trusted" one(Manual way :
Tools->InternetOptions->security->trusted sites). How do I make it
through javascript code. Please let me know any sample code on this.
Thanks in advance
Krishnakumar

Richard Cornford

Hi,
I would like to add an url as a "Trusted" one(Manual way :
Tools->InternetOptions->security->trusted sites). How do I make it
through javascript code. Please let me know any sample code on this.
From a web page, if the site is in IE's "trusted" sites list, and
scripting of ActiveX controls that are not "marked safe for scripting"
is enabled in that zone, then you can instantiate a WSH object and use
it to directly write the desired values into the windows registry.

Richard.

drk.kumar

Richard said:
scripting of ActiveX controls that are not "marked safe for scripting"
is enabled in that zone, then you can instantiate a WSH object and use
it to directly write the desired values into the windows registry.

Richard.

Richard,
Thanks for your response. In my application, I used the WMI scripts to
retrieve the client processor. To instantiate the WMI object in the
client machine, it needs the url should be in "trusted" list.
Otherwise it is throwing "Automation server cant create exception". The
same case for WSH also. Any suggestion on that?
Thanks
Krishnakumar

Kevin Darling

I would like to add an url as a "Trusted" one(Manual way :
Tools->InternetOptions->security->trusted sites). How do I make it
through javascript code. Please let me know any sample code on this.

Just a suggestion... post your question in a group that is dedicated to
WMI scripts using javascript:

microsoft.public.scripting.jscript

Luck!
Kev