Set webcontrol properties before control is rendered?

Guest

I have a web control that has a property of UserId.

I need to set the userid before rendering the control, because based on who
is logged in, it displays something different.

If I set the properties in page load for the page the control is placed on,
it seems that is post render because the control doesnt work. If I set the
UserId in the GUI and compile it, the control works fine, but that obviously
isn't acceptable.

Where can I set the properties before the control is rendered, or how can i
re-render the control?

Thanks!

Scott Allen

Hi PJ:

Page_Load certainly happens before the control renders, so something
else is amiss. Could you post some code? We could diagnose.