set window size and position

Guest

Hi,
I was wondering if there was a way to set the browser window size and
position of my asp.net website.. also if i could hide the address bar and
buttons...
this way i would have more room on my page for all to see...
thanks for the help!

Patrice

Client side using JavaScript, you could play with position/size but AFAIK
you can't do anything for buttons and the like.

Geenrally it's likely better to have a reasonablme design but to let users
to see your site how *they* want rather than how you imagine they would like
to see it... It's likely why you can't do much client side.

Patrice

Guest

Hi,

You can control the browser look by using javascript but only by opening a
new window. There may be a way to do this but I am unaware of it. You may
want to look at some website design articles to determine if this is what you
really want to do. It has been my experience that if you take away the
address bar users tend to get frustrated with the design.

I have posted a link to a tutorial for you. Once you have the script
written you can pop a new window with your website in it and then close the
parent window from the child.

I hope this helps.

Guest

I found this javascript code which seems to work great.

function onLoad() {
window.open"LoginPage.aspx", "servername",
"width=1000px,height=740px,toolbar=no,location=no");
}
</script>

The reason I am doing this is because the website that we are building is
not for everyone.. it's for clients who will be logging onto the site and
using it the whole day.. they don't need the address bar to go anywhere else,
or if they do, they can just open a new window :p