setAttribute("href) - linkObj.href= returning text node in IE

David

This is strange ...

I know about IE returning absolute URL's when using getAttribute but I don't
understand why it is appending the text inside of the <a> tag when using
setAttribute() or linkObj.href= ..as in this example...

http://mysite.verizon.net/microweb2/updateHref.htm

There are 2 functions in this page. The first one is where it displays this
anomoly. It appends the actual text onto the href "if" the text is written
out as an absolte URL. If the text is not written out as an absolute URL it
behaves correctly. Why would IE grab the text node and append it just
because the text is written as an absolute URL?

The 2nd function actually resets the text to overcome this anomoly but I
would like to know why IE is doing this.

David J.

David

There are 2 functions in this page. The first one is where it displays
this anomoly. It appends the actual text onto the href "if" the text is
written out as an absolte URL.

To be more clear, it is appending onto the actual text node the additional
snippet that also gets appended to the href. It should only append the href
and not the text node.

David J.