setlocation of a JButton on a drawed JFrame

Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi guys. I've experienced a little problem, when trying to change the location of a JButton, on a g.draw'ed JFrame. setLocation doesn't seem to work. It would be great if you could help me to move this button to where I want ;)

Here's the code:

Code:
package gui;
import java.awt.event.*;
import javax.swing.*;
import java.awt.*;
import java.util.*;

public class MainFrame extends JFrame {
 JPanel panel, panel2;
 JButton btn, btn2;
 JScrollPane scrollPane;
 ImageIcon icon, icon2;
 Image image;

public MainFrame(){

icon = new ImageIcon("src/gui/bg.jpg");
icon2 = new ImageIcon("src/gui/main_03.jpg");
 JPanel panel = new JPanel(){

  protected void paintComponent(Graphics g)
  {

   g.drawImage(icon.getImage(), 0, 0, null);
   super.paintComponent(g);
  }
 };

 panel.setOpaque( false );
 panel.setSize(500, 500) ;
 scrollPane = new JScrollPane( panel );
 getContentPane().add( scrollPane );

     ImageIcon img = new ImageIcon("src/gui/main_03.jpg");

     JButton btn = new JButton(img);
     btn.setLocation(230, 20);
     btn.setMargin(new Insets(1, 1, 1, 1));
     btn.setPreferredSize(new Dimension(256,85));

     panel.add(btn);

}
public static void main(String [] args)
{