    use both.

    Thanks!

    Bob

    Bob Greschke, Aug 3, 2005

  2. Bob Greschke

    Bob Greschke Guest

    Looks like the "label" system command will do it in Windows. That's good
    enough for this exercise. So, in Linux...???

    Bob Greschke, Aug 3, 2005

  3. Bob Greschke wrote:
    > Looks like the "label" system command will do it in Windows. That's good
    > enough for this exercise. So, in Linux...???

    "mlabel" in the "mtools" package will do what you need. "mkfs.vfat" can also
    be given a volume label, but it will not allow you to set the label without
    creating a new filesystem :)

    Reinhold

    Reinhold Birkenfeld, Aug 3, 2005
  4. Bob Greschke

    Bob Greschke Guest

    "Reinhold Birkenfeld" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > Bob Greschke wrote:
    >> Looks like the "label" system command will do it in Windows. That's good
    >> enough for this exercise. So, in Linux...???

    > "mlabel" in the "mtools" package will do what you need. "mkfs.vfat" can
    > also
    > be given a volume label, but it will not allow you to set the label
    > without
    > creating a new filesystem :)
    >
    > Reinhold

    Perfect! (Never heard of them :) Thanks!

    Bob

    Bob Greschke, Aug 5, 2005