    2005, but cannot seem to find this piece of info.

    Thanks in advance,
    - Arthur Dent.

    Arthur Dent, Feb 28, 2006

  2. Arthur Dent

    Hari Guest

    Hi Arthur,

    I dont think this gets changed in 2005 . I do worked on various controls i
    developed myself but didnt faced any issue reg the register tag prefix.

    I used like this in c# code , Not sure where you are getting issues reg
    this?

    [Assembly: System.Web.UI.TagPrefix("Temporal.WEB.Controls", "twebc")]

    Hari, Feb 28, 2006

  3. Arthur Dent

    Arthur Dent Guest

    Where im getting confused is that i do not see an AssemblyInfo file in the
    project anymore, and if i do an Add > New Item... i dont see a template for
    AssemblyInfo either..... did you just add an empy Module or Class file, and
    then rename it to AssemblyInfo, or ?
    As I understood it (quite possibly incorrectly) the My Project item in the
    tree replaced AssemblyInfo, but i dont see any where in that things property
    pages to add in the assembly tagprefix either.

    Thanks in advance,
    - Arthur

    Arthur Dent, Feb 28, 2006
  4. Arthur Dent

    Hari Guest

    Hi Arthur,

    I got confused , I was able to see the assemblyinfo.cs inside a properties
    folder . Are we discussing the register tag prefix regarding the
    WebControlLibrary?
    or i understood something wrong ? As mentioned in the thread before , you
    can add that line mentioned there.
    Still was wondering , Did i understood anything wrong ?

    Also its possible for you to use a same assembly info of your 2003/2002
    projects

    Regards,
    Hari

    Hari, Feb 28, 2006
  5. Arthur Dent

    Arthur Dent Guest

    Hmm, digging around, i seem to have found the file. Maybe it is a diff in
    how VB and C# show the project files. In VB the AssemblyInfo file is not
    visible in Solution Explorer. But if i dig around in the filesystem, there
    is a directory for the My Project object which does contain it. Ill have to
    play with that tonight and see if putting the line in there works as
    expected.

    Thanks for the help!

    Arthur Dent, Feb 28, 2006
  6. Arthur Dent

    Jon Guest

    That's correct, by default VS2005 doesn't show the AssemblyInfo.vb file
    in solution explorer when working on a VB project, but if you're using
    C# it does. And it is in the My Project folder for VB apps.

    You can view it inside VS by clicking the "Show All Files" button in
    Solution Explorer. This should allow you to expand My Projects and see
    the stuff in there.

    Note that you can also add the assembly level attributes elsewhere,
    although I've always found it tidier to keep them in AssemblyInfo.

    Regards,
    Jon

    Jon, Mar 1, 2006