setting classpaths with Ant

El Durango

I am writing an ant script which should set the classpaths for the necessary
Jar files.
Here is what I have:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<project name="test" default="compile" basedir=".">
<property name="src" value="."/>
<property name="build" value="build"/>
<property name="lib" value="lib"/>
<target name="init">
<mkdir dir="${build}"/>
</target>
<target name="compile" depends="init">
<!-- Compile the java code -->

<javac srcdir="${src}" destdir="${build}"/>
<classpath>
<pathelement location="${baselib}\xercesImpl.jar" />
<pathelement location="${lib}\xmlParserAPIs.jar" />
<pathelement location="${lib}\xml-apis.jar" />
<pathelement location="${lib}\servlet-api.jar" />
<pathelement
location="${lib}\commons-fileupload-1.0.jar" />
</classpath>
</target>
</project>

However this is not working, as it fails with unresolved symbol errors.

Can anyone let me know how I can set classpaths using Ant, I seem to be
doing it the wrong way.

thanks.

WJ

I generally use fileset for my classpath. Like this:

<classpath>
<fileset dir="${lib}">
<include name="${baselib}/xercesImpl.jar"/>
<include name="${lib}/xmlParserAPIs.jar"/>
<include name="${lib}/xml-apis.jar"/>
<include name="${lib}/servlet-api.jar"/>
</fileset>
</classpath>

Also note, I generally use forward slashes instead of back slashes, even on
Windows. I've
had problems with back slashes from time to time.

You may also want to echo what ant thinks your ${lib} dir is. e.g.
<echo message="${lib}" />

HTH