    colours are very inaccurate when printed and I was hoping there would be a
    way of setting colours in CMYK using CSS.

    Does anyone know if this is possible?
    Andrew Banks, Mar 5, 2004

  2. Andrew Banks

    Chris Morris Guest

    "Andrew Banks" <> writes:
    > I'm developing an internal system for an e-commerce application and there is
    > a requirement to print out invoices.
    >
    > These will be viewed in the web browser and printed on an inkjet. RGB
    > colours are very inaccurate when printed and I was hoping there would be a
    > way of setting colours in CMYK using CSS.
    >
    > Does anyone know if this is possible?

    CSS2 says sRGB colours only
    http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/syndata.html#color-units

    Proposed CSS3 colours allows various other things (RGBA, HSL, HSLA)
    but isn't implemented yet and won't be for a while.
    http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/CR-css3-color-20030514/

    No CSS versions/proposals as far as I can tell going for CMYK.

    --
    Chris
    Chris Morris, Mar 5, 2004