Setting control values in DetailsView

sck10

Hello,

I have a GridView that list all the employees in our group. My select
button (link) when clicked will open a DetailsView control of the employee
selected. I have one BoundField in the form that I want to fill in
programatically ("UpdatedBy"). So when the user selects the "edit" link,
the field is pre-populated with this value. This value needs to submitted
when the user clicks "update". Any help with this would be greatly
appreciated...

<asp:DetailsView ID="dvDetail"

<Fields>
<asp:BoundField DataField="UpdatedBy" HeaderText="Updated By"
ReadOnly="true" SortExpression="UpdatedBy" />
</Fields>

I am using the following to set the value, but getting the error:

Protected Sub dvDetail_ModeChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
System.EventArgs) Handles dvDetail.ModeChanged
Dim txtUpdatedBy As TextBox = CType(Me.dvDetail.FindControl("UpdatedBy"),
TextBox)
txtUpdatedBy.Text = "sckeels"

End Sub

Brock Allen

Just add a new <asp:parameter> to your ObjectDataSource or SqlDataSource
and then set the parameter value in the DataSOurce's Updating event. The
event args parameter to the event will give you access to the parameters
where you can set the value from User.Identity.Name. I just posted on this
recently:

http://forums.asp.net/1041066/ShowPost.aspx