Setting controls.Visible = False still takes up space

Lee

Hello all,

Let's assume that I have a GridView inside of a panel. No records, are
available for the grid, but the same amount of space is taken up on the
page.

Is there a way to ensure that when a panel or similar is set to
visible=false that the space it takes up is "re-claimed"?

--
Warm Regards,
Lee

"Upon further investigation it appears that your software is missing
just one thing. It definitely needs more cow bell..."

Tarun Mistry

I thought this was done automatically.

Ensure you are not working in Grid View, as this places each object in a
definate space on the page.

Properties of your main page > You want Flow Control instead of Grid Layout.
Bear in mind you'll have to go into the HTML and remove all the positional
attributes.

Hope it helps.
Taz

Lee

Tarun Mistry enlightened me by writing:
I thought this was done automatically.

Ensure you are not working in Grid View, as this places each object
in a definate space on the page.

Properties of your main page > You want Flow Control instead of Grid
Layout. Bear in mind you'll have to go into the HTML and remove all
the positional attributes.

Hope it helps.
Taz

First, thanks to all for replying. I believe that I AM working in Flow
control since everything piles on top of each other if not placed
within table (which is what I am using).

In other words, if I highlight a control on my page and go to Layout >
Position, the value is "Not Set".

I think the problem is that I am using a Panel to place a GridView
inside and the Panel Height style is I've set explcitly to say, 150px.