setting datagrid row id disables the item_command

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by fredd00, Sep 29, 2005.

  1. fredd00

    fredd00 Guest

    Hi

    I want to set my datagrid rows to specified ids so that i can do a
    getElementById to change the back color and other stuff.

    the thing is on click i change the row's back color no problem,
    if i click on an other row i want the first row to be reset to it's
    previous color (prior to the click) and i want the new row to have the
    new back color.

    this i can do.

    here is the weird part

    my first column is a template column with a linkbutton
    if i set in item_databound
    e.Item.ID = "TR_" + (DataBinder.Eval(e.Item.DataItem,"ID")).ToString();

    once in click the linkbutton it postsback but doesn't do the datagrid
    item_command function , the second time you click it does the
    item_command function

    any ideas why ?

    thanks

    fredd00, Sep 29, 2005