Setting date format, regional settings for ASP.NET

David Lee AU

We have an ASP.NET page that displays a date without a format specifier (in order to determine to default locale setting) and the date is shown as mm/dd/yyyy.
We previously were able to set the locale to Australian values (incl date format of dd/mm/yyyy) using KB271587. I have recently installed the v1.1 of the .NET Framework and the format has reverted to the mm/dd/yyyy format.

How can I set the locale settings to use the Austrlian locale settings?