Setting Div Width with % doesn't work in Content Page

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Brian Sabolik, Oct 13, 2006.

  1. I am trying to set the width of the content page in a master - content site.
    If I set it to pixels it works fine, if I set it to a percentage, the
    content page automatically grows much larger than the browser and I get
    horizontal scroll bars at the bottom of the browser. The master page houses
    a side bar set at 18% so this content window needs to be around 82% of the
    screen size. The div houses a gridview which gets populated and should use
    the overflow feature of the div. I don't want to use the pixels because of
    different browser resolutions and resizing issues.

    Any ideas?

    TIA,
    Brian Sabolik

    This works...
    style="VERTICAL-ALIGN:top;OVERFLOW:scroll;width:800px;HEIGHT:175px;position:relative"
    onscroll="MakeItScroll1_ScrollMe();">
    This doesn't....
    style="VERTICAL-ALIGN:top;OVERFLOW:scroll;width:100%;HEIGHT:175px;position:relative"
    onscroll="MakeItScroll1_ScrollMe();">

    Brian Sabolik, Oct 13, 2006