Setting DocType in Asp.Net

Kenneth Keeley

Hi,
How do I set the DocType the Asp.net will use when it creates the html the
is sent to the client. I wish to create all my pages to a known standard,
mostly HTML 4.01 and I have found that Asp.Net pages don't always validate.
Is there a global setting that needs to be set or do I have to do it in
every page. I am currently using Web Matrix to create my asp.net pages while
I am learning. Is this where the problem is?

Thanks for any help
Kenneth Keeley

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\) [MVP]

Part of the problem is with .NET itself. It is rather compliant, but there
are a few places where it misses 100% compliance. This will change in 2.0,
if MS continues in the direction it is heading with VS .NET 2005.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!