Setting fields .visible=false; need to shrink gridLayout panel

Ravichandran Mahalingam

Dear Readers,

I have created a webForm document using "FlowLayout"
(pageLayout="FlowLayout"). I created many "grid layout panels" (HTML
control) through out the document for better looks.

In one of the panels, based on the user input (check box), I am hiding
all the fields and their labels. How can I shrink the size of the grid
layout panel to avoid the 'ugly' white space between the checkbox and
the remaining fields.

thanks and regards
Ravi.

Alan Corbett \(.NET MVP\)

Have you tried hiding the panel itself? I'm not certain of what you're
after.

Alan

Ravichandran Mahalingam

Dear Alan,

thanks for replying to my question. I have created a webform using the
'flow layout'. in that flow layout, i have many gridlayouts for
different sections. these grid layout items where from the 'html
controls' of the toolbox.

I am trying to reduce the size of the 'html' grid layout panel when I
hide the 'webform controls' labels and text fields when they are not
applicable.

for example, if i have a second car, i have a grid layout with labels
and text boxes for the second car. then if i click on the second car
check box to say yes - i have a 2nd car. then the page should show the
make, model, and style labels and appr text boxes. if i do not have the
second car, then the controls hide (that works fine), I need to reduce
the space occupied by that Html grid layout control.

let me know if I have missed out any information.

thanks and regards
Ravi.